Senior Planner – Palmerston North
We are seeking a Senior Planner to work within a multi-disciplinary team, providing regulatory RMA planning advice to a range of clients. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to develop their professional planning skills and experience to the next level, deliver excellent solution focused work, and enjoy the fantastic lifestyle opportunities afforded in the Manawatu Region.
The role provides the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, passionate team focused on enabling communities through sustainable infrastructure. We are seeking a Senior Planner with skills and expertise preparing resource consent applications and AEEs for a range of activities within the regional and district jurisdictions. Some experience in policy development and strategy would be advantageous but is not essential.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the Resource Management Act as well as strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, and effective communication skills.
At Good Earth Matters, we value expertise supported by a strong investment in professional development and research. We are committed to using this expertise to improve communities in rural and provincial New Zealand.
For the right candidate, this may be either a full-time or part-time position.
This is an exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate who has:
• Proven experience and expertise in working with the Resource Management Act in both the district and regional jurisdictions.
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent professional working relationships internally and externally.
• Ability to undertake work and deliver within quality, time and budget constraints to company standards and client needs.
• Ability to work across disciplines and within virtual teams across geographic locations.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Self-motivated to grow their career and expertise.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or relevant discipline
• 5+ years’ experience
• Achieved, or working towards, Full NZPI membership
Applicants for this position must have legal right to work in New Zealand in this role.
Click Apply Now to send us your covering letter and CV.